Sooooo warming for the cold season…..
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1 large apple (peeled, cored and chopped)
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1tsp cumin
- Large thumb sized piece of root ginger grated
- Stock – enough to cover. (I used low-salt Bouillon)
- Dash of Olive oil for cooking
- Optional: can of coconut milk and a sprig of Thyme
Fry off the onions in the oil till translucent
Add spices, ginger and sweet potatoes and soften for 5ish mins
Add apple and enough stock to cover
Bring to boil, then turn down to simmer.
Check after 15 mins – you want to potatoes to be soft enough to blend.
Optional: add a can of coconut milk at the last minute, and stir in some thyme
Use a hand blender to blend