This is a great recipe! I’d never been keen on cauliflower as I just found them really bland. But when I found out about the powerful anti-cancer properties of cauliflower I was determined to find a tasty way of eating them. Mixing them with anti-flammatory superfood turmeric (and a little pepper) you’ve got yourself an awesome winner of a dish. Plus the black pepper helps our bodies absorb the curcumin, the inflammatory compound of the turmeric.
I add these on top of salads, or as a side dish alongside lentil casseroles or curries. But I also like to keep them in the fridge and add them cold to my Buddha bowls!
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Pre-heat oven 180c
- Chop cauliflower into bitesized-ish florets. (I usually use half a head, which gives me enough for two people plus a good amount of left overs for next day)
- Sprinkle cauliflower turmeric and a little black pepper and mix well with a dash of oil till cauliflower lightly covered.
- (Recommend using gloves if you don’t want yellow fingers as turmeric does stain…so don’t wear white and be careful of your tea towels)
- Place on a baking try in hot over.
- Check after 20 mins and give them a shake.
- Take out of the oven when soft and golden and delicious looking!